This blog serves as a opportunity for reflection on the use of technology in alternative education classrooms.

Google

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Summer School Half-way Done!

At the beginning of the summer, I found myself beginning a "hiatus" from my high-tech school to return for the summer session at my previous position. This school is extremely "low-tech" and it has been a challenge adapting my technology-based lessons to the different setting. I have been fortunate that I am still able to use the single classroom computer to access my Blackboard account and allow my students some time on the computer. However, using the computer lab has been much more challenging. It is extremely important not to test the patience of my alternative education students in this facility, and the "ancient" machines found in the school's science computer lab test even this laid-back teacher's patience. Nevertheless, I am finding it possible to deal with the lack of high-speed Internet access, computers that lock-up and now am counting the days until I return to my "real" job. I am looking forward to exploring different options in the days to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home